Sunday, August 7, 2011

Watch the Company that You Keep

Originally Posted on February 18, 2009


I just recently learned that if you have a struggle and you’re trying to get out of that struggle, then it’s best that you don’t hang around people with the same struggle as you. Both of you aren’t strong enough to hold the other up, so why even try it? If one falls, then the other one is likely to fall also. For example, if you struggle with homosexuality, don’t sit there and talk about how good another guy looks with your friend who’s trying to get away from that. If you feel that you’re not strong enough to handle the situations or things that you know that you’re gonna go through when you’re with your friends, then don’t sit there and allow yourself to get sucked back into the mess that you were once in. Your company can seriously influence the things that you do consciously or unconsciously. Because there are sometimes that you do things that you don’t wanna do and don’t even realize it. If you really wanna get away from it, then you’ll seek God for your help. He won’t leave you alone. He’ll purposely put obstacles/tests in front of you to see how you’ll respond. If you fail a test or don’t get past an obstacle, don’t beat yourself up about it. There’s plenty more to come. Just keep it where it belongs, in the past, and don’t even bother thinking about it. That’s where so many of us go wrong. Once we fail a test, we like to beat ourselves up about it and harp on it. God doesn’t want us to do that. He wants us to learn from our mistakes. They’re not there for us to just sit and wallow in them. It happened, now GET OVER IT!!

People tend to wonder why it’s so hard for them to get out of a struggle. It’s because you make it hard for yourself with the things that you do and/or the people you hang with. Once you’ve been delivered, then you need to rid yourself of the things that are associated with your struggle. If you’ve truly been delivered from whatever struggle it is that you had then you shouldn’t entertain it anymore. You shouldn’t even tolerate it. There’s no point in going back to it. Like Damita Haddon says in her song, “I’m looking forward, not behind. I made a decision to give you my life…there’s no looking back.” Another thing that I’m tired of is when people have a struggle and you know it, don’t sit there and talk about them like a dog just because you don’t have that same struggle. You may not have the same struggle that they have, but you do have one. And because of you sitting there talking about that person, your true side that you’re “trying” to hide is gonna come out. With some of you, it’s just too obvious.You can try and go to the holiest of church folks for help, but they also may have struggles too, but they just don't let it be known. I just recently finished reading this book called “Strongholds” by Vanessa Davis Griggs. It’s an awesome book and I recommend it to anyone that has a struggle, even if you don’t have one, which is highly unlikely, I still suggest you read it.

If you feel like what I’m saying is wrong, then voice your opinion to me. Don’t talk about it behind my back. I wanna know what you’re feeling. If I stepped on your feet, then I’m sorry but this obviously had to be said. I’m not the type of person to write things and put them up on Facebook or Myspace for the world to see. I’m doing this for a reason obviously. There’s somebody that’s going through something right now and they don’t know what to do in their situation. I’m telling you that right now if you just give it to God and stop trying to handle it on your own, then the situation will get better. You can’t do this on your own and stop thinking that you can. Don’t go to your friends for advice first. Go to God and he’ll listen. He may not come at that moment, but He will be there when He knows you’ll need Him. Even if your faith isn’t that strong, there are some things that you can do to build it up. He’s still gonna listen to you no matter what. Just get in His presence and seek Him. Give God your Yes!! Some of you have such a strong calling on your life and you don’t even know it. Some of you are just so thirsty and so hungry for God, but you don’t know how to obtain. You sometimes see your friends giving God their all and in turn, He blesses them. And I know that you want it, all you gotta do is work for it!! Don’t try to do so much at one time. Build up to it and you’ll get what you desire!!

I have a few songs that you can listen to that’ll help you through this.
1. Kirk Franklin- Chains
2. Damita Haddon- No Looking Back
3. Kirk Franklin- My Life is in Your Hands
4. Marvin Sapp- Thirsty and Thirsty “Reprise”
5. Mary Mary- Yesterday
6. Mary Mary- I Just Can’t Give Up Now
7. Mississippi Mass Choir- He Can Fix What is Broke
8. Shekinah Glory- Before the Throne
9. Shekinah Glory- Yes and Yes “Reprise”
10. Smokie Norful- I Need You Now
11. Trin-I-Tee 5:7- God’s Grace
12. Donald Lawrence- Encourage Yourself
13. Donald Lawrence- You Are an Heir
14. Bishop T.D. Jakes- Manifest
15. Kirk Franklin- The Appeal

That’s all I have for now, but if there’s more I’ll add to the list. And if you have any suggestions, please make them known.

I love you all and if you ever need anything, any advice or anything like that, just let me know. I’m willing to talk. If I’m not able to help you out, then I can help point you out in the right direction. But trust me, it’s all gonna be just fine. Don’t let anyone get you down! That’s just the devil working through them. He doesn’t want you to do what God’s called you to do. He feels that he can bring you down in any kind of way through whomever he uses. He can even use your family members. But don’t even worry about that cuz you’re gonna get through it. There’s no doubt about that. Just let go and let God. I believe I’m done now. Just be encouraged!! That’s all I ask of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment