Originally Posted on July 30, 2011
It's been quite some time since I've written a new note for Facebook and I think it's about time for me to speak up about some things. This note may end up being all over the place but it wouldn't be me if it wasn't. You may not like me at the end of this note but that's ok. I'm prepared for it. So let's go ahead and get started.
Ladies
We are some of the most beautiful creatures on this earth but yet we wish to show everything that God gave us by wearing scantily clad clothing. Yes, I know it's hot this summer but that doesn't mean that we should go out half naked. There's no reason why you should even dress that way. You attract unnecessary attention and then wonder why you have all these guys lusting after you. Uhh...did you look in the mirror, hun? We've gotta remember that we do not need to dress a certain way to attract the attention of a man. And if you do feel like that's the way to get a man, then you're sadly mistaken. Just because God gave you all of the curves you have does NOT mean that you should show them to the world. That is for your future husband only. Also ladies when you show all your goods in a profile picture and wonder why all of a sudden all of these guys are hitting you up in your inbox...don't wonder. Just take a long good look at your profile picture and you'll understand why. Sometimes you girls really make me think that you're very insecure and have low self-esteem because you put up these profile pictures to get a bunch of "likes" and comments. You're getting attention for all of the wrong reasons. Dress modestly and if a guy can't respect that then he's not worth your time. Dismiss him and wait for the man that God has for you.
Another thing we've got to stop doing on facebook...we've got to stop bashing other females online. It's really getting out of hand. You say you're grown but you refuse to act like it. You act like you're still in junior high and high school with the mess that you start on facebook. I've never seen such childish acts before in my life! You ever think that maybe, just maybe, you should address the girl (I say girl because she obviously has not matured yet if she's starting mess on facebook) face to face or over the phone. Most of these arguments take place because of a guy...come on now, are we still fighting over guys to this day?? If he's with you and with her at the same time, then don't get mad at the girl because sometimes she doesn't know that you're with him too. Both of y'all need to dump the guy and move on. Get over it and get a life! Also if you're arguing over a baby daddy, I'ma need for you to sit down and shut up. You sitting here messaing the girl talking about, "He loved me first," and all this other mess. He obviously doesn't love either one of y'all if he hasn't married one of y'all yet. Please learn to wait until you're married to have sex and then have kids because it really puts a strain on the relationship that you're in. But I digress...He left you after you had his child and went and got another girl pregnant. That's his problem, not the new girl. You do NOT need to get into an argument with that girl because she's having a child by your baby daddy. Y'all have someone in common and you're gonna have to get used to it because neither one of you aregoing anywhere and neither are your children. Just make sure that he's taking care of both of y'all's kids please!
Ladies, what I'm trying to say is that we need to strive to be more like the women of God that He has called us to be. Respect yourself and others around you! Dress modestly and stop having guys lust over you! Learn when to shut up when something doesn't involve you! It's not your business and never will be your business so let that person deal with it and let it go!
Men
I must say that y'all are some of the funniest creatures I've ever laid my eyes on. Y'all obviously have a problem with clothing as well. Sagging is not AND never will be cute! I'm tired of seeing ALL of your underwear hanging out the back of your pants. My question is, How in the world do you walk with your pants hanging to your knees?? Isn't that a little uncomfortable? Doesn't that make it hard for you to walk? I love y'all very much but this has got to stop. Do you honestly think that somebody is going to hire you in the corporate world if you come to a job interview with your pants hanging low?? Umm...I hope not! Sagging is just my main concern when it comes to clothing. I still have more topics for you though...
Some of y'all have the absolute WORST pick-up lines and they're not even corny...they're just lame and ignorant. If you still use any of these lines, I'ma need for you to do better: "Psst, hey shawty. Come 'ere. Let me get your number." "Are you single? Let's get to know each other." "You know God said you're my wife." All of these need to be retired and that last one I mentioned is getting bad because I know that some of y'all did NOT even talk to God that day for Him to say that I'm your wife. Boy, I just met you. Let's be real now! Can y'all please develop a relationship with God before y'all start trying to "holla" at the first pretty girl y'all see? And ladies, can we please stop falling for it??
#DeathToSwag
Why, oh why, did anyone come up with the word, swag?? It's been misused and abused for the past couple of years now. Sad to say, even Christians are killing the word, swag! It has got to stop NOW!! So, is swag a required personality trait now or something before getting into a relationship with someone? Because that's what it looks like! Y'all have it so backwards now. What about an in-depth relationship with God before pursuing a relationship with someone? That should always be first! But no, y'all wanna focus on some doggone swag! Can you look and sound any more ignorant than right now? I would hope not but there's obviously no telling nowadays. Let's just get rid of swag and other forms of the word right now! Take yourself to jail because you killed it and then we'll have a funeral for it and bury it!
My Christians Brothers & Sisters
My Christian brothers and sisters, what can I say to y'all? I love all of y'all but we have got to do better. We are some of the most hypocritical and clique-y people I've ever seen. We say we love God but we don't act like it. We go to church on Sundays and maybe even bible study on Wednesdays but other than that, there's nothing left. We act like that's all we need to do in order to get into Heaven. I'm sorry but there's more to it than that. 1. You cannot continue to keep sinning and expect to go to Heaven all because we have God's grace. #NotGonnaHappen Hebrews 10:26-27 NLT: 26 Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins. 27 There is only the terrible expectation of God’s judgment and the raging fire that will consume his enemies. 2. We always seem to forget about the Great Commission. We think that all we have to do is just obey God's word. Matthew 28:18-20 NLT: 18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations,[a] baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” I mean, don't you want to see more people saved? I know I do...it's time for us to get off our butts and do some work!
We were taught to love one another, right? Then how come we can't do it?? We have God's love inside of us but we don't show it to everybody. Mark 12:28-31 NLT: 28 One of the teachers of religious law was standing there listening to the debate. He realized that Jesus had answered well, so he asked, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” 29 Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lordour God is the one and only Lord. 30 And you must love the Lordyour God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ 31The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. No other commandment is greater than these.” Luke 6:27-36 NLT: 27 “But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. 28 Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also. 30 Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don’t try to get them back. 31 Do to others as you would like them to do to you. 32 “If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them! 33 And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much! 34 And if you lend money only to those who can repay you, why should you get credit? Even sinners will lend to other sinners for a full return. 35 “Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked. 36 You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.
We can be some of the meanest and rudest people when it comes to addressing someone's sin. Luke 17:1-4 NLT: 1 One day Jesus said to his disciples, “There will always be temptations to sin, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting! 2 It would be better to be thrown into the sea with a millstone hung around your neck than to cause one of these little ones to fall into sin. 3 So watch yourselves! “If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive. 4 Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive.” We have to learn how to do this one in love though. Some of us hate the sinner AND the sin but we should hate the sin and not the sinner. Don't bash the person if they're doing wrong. Take them off to the side with a Bible in hand and show them in the Word that what they're doing is wrong. Don't just bash them based on your opinions. This is not about you and your feelings or opinions...it's about God and that's all it ever should be about. Leave self out of it!
So this is the end of my note...it could've been longer but I ran out of things to say. I think I got my point across though. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed typing this whole thing out. God bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment