Originally Posted on July 8, 2010
So what prompted me to type this note you ask…I was looking through the statuses on FB today & I saw this young lady’s status talking about she wants to be famous and stuff like that. I’m not putting her down or anything like that but it just got me to thinking about this generation and what they’re focusing on right now. Their minds are so warped and confused. All they’re looking for is to make a quick buck and they don’t care how they get it. Some sell drugs and some steal from others…why can’t you just make an honest living? Get an education and you won’t have to downgrade yourself and your standards by doing illegal things! It’s time for people to realize that there are other ways to get money legally!!! Legally being the key word!
But I’m not putting the whole blame on the kids because their parents could’ve taught and shown them the way to achieve things in life. Parents have to be a better example to their kids. If not then those kids are gonna grow up doing any and everything that they want to! Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
Now back to the kids…these kids have some of the worst role models! Why would you wanna aspire to be like Nicki Minaj, Gucci Mane or Lil Wayne?? To all those wanna-be “Barbies” out there, I’ma need for y’all to sit down somewhere!! Why you wanna be considered plastic and why do you wanna look plastic? Because that’s exactly how Nicki Minaj looks! And for y’all looking up to Lil Wayne, I’ma need for y’all to do better because this negro is in jail for carrying a gun while on probation. How stupid could you be?? And y’all are still talking about “Free Weezy”?? “Weezy” needs to get SAVED for real!! That boy is so messed up. He almost died as a child by shooting his own self and he’s still not living right. Why can’t you find someone that’s living right and aspire to be like them? And when I say “living right”, I mean living the way that God wants you to live and not the way that you want to live. People think that you can live for God and still do what you wanna do but that’s another note at some other time! Seriously people, it’s time to put some positive influences in your children’s lives and to be a positive influence in a child’s life! There are so many young kids out here not caring about their education and having 2 and 3 kids in high school that it’s ridiculous and it’s all because they didn’t have anyone teaching them the difference between right and wrong. Yes, I do know that there are some kids who are taught the difference between right and wrong but still somehow make the wrong decisions in life. If you know anybody like that and this offended you, then I’m sorry but it’s true.
Yes, I see that I started talking about getting money the legal way and have ended up on role models but I’m guessing that it connects some kind of way and God obviously wanted me to talk about this so there it is!! Now I pray that this note has an impact on someone and they either decide to be a positive influence for someone or they can show it to others and they can become the positive influences that God wants us to be. If you think I’m being rude, mean or judgmental, then I suggest you take that up with God because honestly He’s the one that told me to type this up and I’m just doing as He asked me to! Thank you for taking the time out to read this and I would greatly appreciate it if you commented on it and tell me what you think!
So what prompted me to type this note you ask…I was looking through the statuses on FB today & I saw this young lady’s status talking about she wants to be famous and stuff like that. I’m not putting her down or anything like that but it just got me to thinking about this generation and what they’re focusing on right now. Their minds are so warped and confused. All they’re looking for is to make a quick buck and they don’t care how they get it. Some sell drugs and some steal from others…why can’t you just make an honest living? Get an education and you won’t have to downgrade yourself and your standards by doing illegal things! It’s time for people to realize that there are other ways to get money legally!!! Legally being the key word!
But I’m not putting the whole blame on the kids because their parents could’ve taught and shown them the way to achieve things in life. Parents have to be a better example to their kids. If not then those kids are gonna grow up doing any and everything that they want to! Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
Now back to the kids…these kids have some of the worst role models! Why would you wanna aspire to be like Nicki Minaj, Gucci Mane or Lil Wayne?? To all those wanna-be “Barbies” out there, I’ma need for y’all to sit down somewhere!! Why you wanna be considered plastic and why do you wanna look plastic? Because that’s exactly how Nicki Minaj looks! And for y’all looking up to Lil Wayne, I’ma need for y’all to do better because this negro is in jail for carrying a gun while on probation. How stupid could you be?? And y’all are still talking about “Free Weezy”?? “Weezy” needs to get SAVED for real!! That boy is so messed up. He almost died as a child by shooting his own self and he’s still not living right. Why can’t you find someone that’s living right and aspire to be like them? And when I say “living right”, I mean living the way that God wants you to live and not the way that you want to live. People think that you can live for God and still do what you wanna do but that’s another note at some other time! Seriously people, it’s time to put some positive influences in your children’s lives and to be a positive influence in a child’s life! There are so many young kids out here not caring about their education and having 2 and 3 kids in high school that it’s ridiculous and it’s all because they didn’t have anyone teaching them the difference between right and wrong. Yes, I do know that there are some kids who are taught the difference between right and wrong but still somehow make the wrong decisions in life. If you know anybody like that and this offended you, then I’m sorry but it’s true.
Yes, I see that I started talking about getting money the legal way and have ended up on role models but I’m guessing that it connects some kind of way and God obviously wanted me to talk about this so there it is!! Now I pray that this note has an impact on someone and they either decide to be a positive influence for someone or they can show it to others and they can become the positive influences that God wants us to be. If you think I’m being rude, mean or judgmental, then I suggest you take that up with God because honestly He’s the one that told me to type this up and I’m just doing as He asked me to! Thank you for taking the time out to read this and I would greatly appreciate it if you commented on it and tell me what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment