Originally Posted on October 12, 2008
Yep, I’ve been hearing these girls using this phrase, “I’m actin brand new”
When I first heard it, I thought that it was pretty lame
But now I see that it applies to me
I’m not just “actin brand new” though
I am brand new
I mean, God has made me who I am today and I thank him for that
Back then, the “old me” probably would’ve cussed you out if you crossed me or even if you looked at me the wrong way
Now, the “new me” will just look at you and roll my eyes or I might just go off on you
God is still working on me with that one though
But I am doing much better with that situation than I was back then
My temper is not as bad as it used to be
It takes a lot more for me to get really mad nowadays
I don’t drink or smoke
And I’m saving myself until marriage
I’m waiting on the husband that I know God has for me
To me, being/”actin” brand new means that you’ve made a complete 360 degree turn
You don’t do the things that you know are completely wrong to be doing
At one point, you did it because you were probably taught to react that way or do those things
But you gotta be able to decipher between what’s right and what’s wrong
And now I can truly say that I’ve learned to do that
Don’t get me wrong, I still make mistakes but everyone makes mistakes
I can honestly say that I have learned/am still learning from my mistakes
No one left on this earth is perfect
The only perfect person is up in Heaven watching over us at this very moment
With His help, I am BRAND NEW!!!
Remember that He will deliver you from whatever it is that you ask of Him. Just call on Him and He’ll come. Stop trying to put too much on yourself when you know that you can’t handle it all. He’s our heavy load bearer. Just give it to Him and everything will be just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment