Saturday, January 11, 2014

Judgment and Hypocrisy...They go hand in hand

Ever wonder why a lot of people hate coming to church?? I know that I do! I may have figured out why most people don't want to go to church...because they're tired of being judged by Christians. Don't even try to fix your mouth and say that you're not guilty of this. I mean, I've even been guilty of it. Say that a young lady walks in with a dress on that looks like she wore it to the club last night...she gets all these crazy stares, people start whispering as she walks by and we think this is okay. No, it's not. Don't you remember what it was like when you first started going to church? And I'm not talking about going to church because your parents made you. I'm talking about when you made the decision on your own to go to church because you wanted to get your life back on track and live for God. Do you think it's easy for an unbeliever to walk into church knowing the life that they lived wasn't for God? That's extremely hard to do and Christians think it's okay to talk about their past and hold it over their head. Umm...excuse me, but didn't you do some of these same things BEFORE you got saved?? Yeah, let's not go there then.

It's so much judgment going on in the church it's ridiculous. Now here's the deal. Yes, Christians can judge other Christians...don't believe me, read 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 on your own. Some people tend to ignore those verses. So only God can judge you, right?? Well, this is both right and wrong. It depends on who you're talking about though. These verses specifically say that Christians can judge other Christians...now those that are outside the church are another story. God judges those outside the church. It makes me feel bad for them though because I'd rather have my brothers & sisters in Christ to judge me so that I can get my life back on track than to die, let God judge me and I end up suffering an eternity in hell. Obviously God's judgment is harsher than judgment from fellow believers. But judgment from fellow believers can hurt as well.

I gotta question...if we know what judgment felt like before we got saved, why do we as Christians still judge unbelievers? It makes no sense to me. Aren't we supposed to love on them? Isn't that how they're supposed to see the light/love of Christ?


Some people are about to be mad at me for this statement but I'll go ahead and say it anyways. You're judging an unbeliever/soon to be believer who's trying to get their life right but you're sinning right along with them. Come on now...you can't do that!!

Matthew 7:1-5 NLT says,
 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged.2 For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged. 3 “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? 4 How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye. 

As you can see, I'm going somewhere with this. We love to tell others about themselves but when it comes to us, we get mad or upset as soon as somebody mentions anything we've done/we're doing wrong. If that's not hypocrisy then I don't know what it is. Christians are some of the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen, myself included. I could judge somebody so quickly but get mad when someone does it to me. I laugh at it now but I was a mess when I first got saved. I was sending everybody that sinned straight to hell and I don't even have a hell to put anybody in. But thank God for His grace and mercy!! I'm so glad that God renewed by mind. (Romans 12:2) 

I said all this to end it here...Christians, if we want to see more people saved, we've got to stop being hypocrites, stop judging unbelievers and show them the same love that was shown to us when we first got saved. Unbelievers, I apologize to you on the behalf of any Christian that has wrongfully judged you. I'm sorry that you feel like you can't go to church because of this but know that not all Christians are like that. We honestly do want to see you saved and live your life for God. We want to fellowship with you. We really do love you even though we don't show it sometimes. Please come back to the church! 


No comments:

Post a Comment