Thursday, November 7, 2013

Yep, I Was Once A Side Chick (And it only took me 6 years after the relationship ended to figure it out)

Something has been bothering me for quite some time now and tonight I just decided to vent a little bit. Side chicks...some of us know one or two or more & some of us may have even been one or may still be one. I really have an issue with this because it's wrong on so many levels...not just on the girl's part but on the guy's part too.

Do you really think it's ok for you to talk to/sleep with a guy that is supposedly in a committed relationship with another woman? Yes, I know that he may not even tell you that he's in a relationship with someone else but there are signs that let you know that you're the side chick.

You Just Might Be a Side Chick If
Sign #1. He calls/texts you after 10 pm.
Sign #2. You never go out with him in public.
Sign #3. You never get to go over to his place. You always meet up at your place.
Sign #4. He says he doesn't want to put a title on what you have because it just confuses things.
Sign #5. He only hits you up when he wants to have sex with you.
Sign #6. He tells you to delete pics that you take with/of him off of any social network.

Now these aren't the only signs. There are plenty more. I've barely scratched the tip of the iceberg. I've noticed how reality tv shows have tried to put a positive spin on side chicks. There's absolutely nothing good about being a side chick. You're stuck at home waiting on him to call while he's out to eat with his main chick. But you know what makes it even worse though?? When you find out that you're the side chick and you STILL stay with the dude!! Are you just that dumb? (I'm sorry for calling you dumb but your actions really are stupid.) You know it makes you look even more stupid when you're messing with a married man too. He's MARRIED!! If he's unhappy in his marriage, he needs to fix that with his wife by going to counseling or get a divorce. Until then, leave him ALONE!! Until that divorce is finalized, you have no reason & no right to mess with that man. But you'd rather be a side chick than break it off with this guy and just wait on the man that God has for you. Oh...ok then!! And don't say that the sex is too good for you to leave him or he buys you all these nice things so you just can't stay away from him. No ma'am!!

First off, you shouldn't have been sleeping with him in the first place. You do know that sex is designed for marriage and not for the first guy that tells you he "loves" you, right?? Sweetie, I hate to break it to you but that's not love. That's lust. That's just him saying anything so that he can get in your pants. But because you don't know your worth in Christ, you believe him, sleep with him & then wonder why you're so sprung over him. It's called a soul tie. God created sex for married people...not friends with benefits, not boyfriends & girlfriends and definitely not for a side chick and her "bae/boo" or whatever you wanna call him. You're worth so much more than that. Don't you know that you're loved so much by God that He sent Jesus down here to Earth just for Him to die this horrible death on the cross all while carrying every single last one of your sins with Him?? Now that's love. You don't have to put up with that guy and his foolishness. If he really wanted to be with you, he'd be with ONLY YOU!! Instead he "believes" that he can't choose between the two of you so he decides to keep both you and his main chick. See what happens when you give him an ultimatum. You know what? I'll save you the heartache...he's not gonna choose you. He's more than likely gonna choose his main chick because she was there from the jump. But hey, what do I know?? I'm just a girl who has been in that situation before and figured out her worth in Christ so she decided not to put up with it and let the dude go.

Yes, I'm single right now. Why am I single you ask?? Because I don't have time to play these silly little games that most guys my age play. I'd rather wait for the man that God has for me, build a friendship with him, go into a courtship and then eventually marry him. I suggest you do the same thing, ladies. It'll save you a lot of pain & heartache. It's not worth the long nights crying & wondering why he's not responding to your calls & texts. Become whole in Christ before you try to give your heart to a man. It's too precious of a thing for you to be giving to just any ole guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment