Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Price of Life

Wow!! It's been a while since I've done a blog. I wonder if anyone missed me...probably not. Oh well!! Anyways, this post is mostly for the ladies but the guys can read it as well.

Today as I was walking, I was listening to the "Church Clothes" mixtape by Lecrae. I listened to a specific song on there and it really had me thinking.  It's entitled "The Price of Life" featuring Andy Mineo and Co Campbell. If you haven't listened to it yet, I suggest that you go listen. There's a good message in it.  Ok, I know you're wondering why I'm talking about this song but I'm getting to it.

Here are two quick excerpts from "The Price of Life."
Maybe she gonna see he ain't crazy and start wondering
"God, what's the reason you made me?"
Maybe it ain't to be physically attractive just so you can trap and capture
A man, that'd be superficially happy. Nah, you're worth more than that, yeah.

I know some girls that's faster than T3ch Nine
Self esteem as low as they neck-line
'Cause they don't know whose image they reflect, went to bed to find love, woke up with rats

We, as women/girls, do all these things in order to get a guy. We buy these expensive clothes & shoes. We dress provocatively. We sleep with them. All just to get him to "love" us but what we're really doing is causing boys (and I say boys because only boys are attracted to/go after all that) to lust after us. I call a women that acts that way a girl because she's obviously not mature enough to know that once you get older, a man doesn't really care about all that. Yeah, he'll like for you to dress up and look nice but he doesn't want to see you out in the club every weekend with a drink in your hand, grinding on some dude. Do you really think that you're gonna get a man that way?? I surely hope not.  If a guy approaches you in the club, more than likely he's only looking for one thing anyways and that's sex. If you're vulnerable enough or you don't know your true worth in Christ, then you will give him exactly what he's looking for. A true man, a Godly man, doesn't look for that. He looks for a woman that's in her word (The Bible), praying and seeking God's face. She may also be involved in some type of ministry. Now I'm not saying that you can't dress cute and hang out with your friends every once in a while but if you're doing that just to pull a guy then you're doing it for the wrong reasons. You should do this to make yourself feel good, not to have someone else stare at you like you're a piece of meat.

Self esteem and confidence is a big issue for us as women. I know that a lot of us dress provocatively to get attention which boosts our self-esteem and confidence up. What if all of that was gone? What if he just saw you walking down the street in a t-shirt and some sweats? Do you think he would approach you then? I'm just asking these questions to get you thinking. It shouldn't take you dressing provocatively and showing all the "goods" to get the attention of a guy. Why can't you just sit and have a conversation over coffee (or lunch , for those of you who don't like coffee like me)? I just want you to feel good about yourself and stop chasing after these boys that just want you because they saw a picture of you on Instagram with your breasts and butt hanging all out. Stop thinking that you need a man to validate your worth. If you have low self-esteem and/or no confidence in yourself, first off, that's something that you need to deal with in your heart and mind. Secondly, ask God to help you in this area. He created you anyways and He loves you so much. You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).

 What magazine or reality TV show are you looking at that tells you that you need to be a certain size and dress a certain way to look good? Now I'm not saying that you just need to not care about your health because that's not what I'm saying at all. You can be healthy and still be "thick." All skinny people aren't healthy either. I don't know who told you that lie. Please go correct them, whoever it is.

Some ladies even do this to fill a void in their life. Having a man lust after you does not fill that void that you have. Only the love of Jesus Christ can do that. All you have to do is believe in Him, make Him your personal Lord and Savior and then make the necessary changes to live a holy and separate life. A lot of people feel that they need to be "clean" and perfect for them to come to Christ. Whoever told you that is completely and absolutely WRONG!! God will begin to work on you once you have accepted Him into your life. He's already accepted you...He's just waiting on you to accept Him. Ok, I'm starting something that I won't be able to finish in this blog so I will get back to the task at hand.

Ladies, I just want you to know that you're worth more than the money that you spend on these club dresses, heels & make-up that you wear only to "catch" a guy. Go take a seat, pour your heart out to God and He'll reveal some things in you that you never knew were there. God loves you more than any guy ever will and He wants you to know that.


1 comment:

  1. Some of these girls just need to grow up and listen for a change. .

    ReplyDelete